Monday, February 28, 2011

4th Book Group Letter

Dear Mr. Seal,

          I, Christine Tong, am currently reading a novel called The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Honestly, I'd like to think that this could be one of the best novels I've read out of all the books I've read in my lifetime. To start off, i do not think that reading in book groups changed anything for a benefit. The only thing I like about having a group is being able to have other people in the room read the book you're reading and we can have the same feeling on how great the book is because right now we all enjoy the book very much. I did not enjoy not having the same taste in books and we did not really connect with each other. My book group is always on different levels and sometimes we don't understand each other. Unfortunately, I have not read any of my member's group letters because I never got their URLs but we are working on that! My experience with this book gave me a larger idea of what to read. Usually, I tend to lean towards romance novels because I'm a girl and I like that stuff. When picking up this book, I have already heard so much good things about it and sicne I had two guys in my group I decided to read something that sounds good and that my group members would enjoy, which they do."I want to show them that I'm more than just a piece in their Games," was said by Peeta and this sums up the story because The Hunger Games usually consist of people just trying to fight to survive but in the story the new year of hunger games changes with two winners at the end and other districts helping other districts. this quote shows how that did happen, not exactly the way he planned but he changed the thinking of the game and the people who played it.


Sincerely,
Christine Tong

No comments:

Post a Comment