Monday, February 7, 2011

2nd Book Group Letter

Dear Suzanne Collins,
             I would like to start off this letter by saying that you are an amazing writer that keeps their readers begging for more. Your stories are so intriguing and as weird as it may sounds, I'm not the type of person to like books filled with actions. I am the type of girl who just adores books that are romantic or a book that makes you cry. But for the book The Hunger Games, it was something else. It's one of those book that anybody can read and everybody should read. So, to start off, my question for you is how did you come up with the idea of writing a book like this? All those futuristic stories I've ever touched in my life, have always been about living in space or riding hovercrafts. So how did you come up with an idea, a mind, so different from the rest? I would like to really know the answer because I believe it might help me think outside the box. It might help me be more original and creative, be something that no one is or do something no one has ever done. Katniss is a main character who I enjoy very much because of all her spunk and charisma. She is so brave for fighting in the hunger games for all those girls out there to survive. And to volunteer was just another plus, to why I liked her even more. Usually, when I pick up a book and the first few pages bore me I would not turn a page. But for this book, you started it off in a way that caught my eye, and each page just keeps getting better. I've seen that most books start off okay, the middle gets a lot better, and it ends alright. I really think that this book might just be incredible throughout the whole story. The one part in the story I wish hadn't happened would be the part where Prim's name got picked because if her name wasn't chosen then Katniss wouldn't have to fight. But in a sense, I'm also glad she was chosen or else this story wouldn't be as interesting. A question this novel forced me to ask myself was would i do the same for someone i loved. Would i risk my life to save my little brother or to feed my family? I'm indecisive right now, but if the time has to come I guess that's when we'll know.

No comments:

Post a Comment