Book title: Salem Falls
reading journal type : imitation
"Kylianne died at 12:30 near Silver Creek's bus loop by a car crash. I remember the exact time because I was picking her up from school on a minimum day."
Sean's hands touched mine and responded," I know you're going crazy inside, but pretending that our daughter is still her is unhealthy for you."
" Love, I know Kylianne is gone. You think I don't? I know she's never going to eat the hamburgers or fries that I leave out for her during lunch, but it just has to be there. I know my only daughter will not yell back at me when I yell, but I wish she would...so I pretend that she does." Sean had nothing left to say, but to comfort his wife in what had happened and be there to help her through this emotional stage. Christine then left to the kitchen because she was reminded that Kylianne's uneaten plates were still on the table, that she needs to wash and throw in the trash once again. Sean seeing Christine's mental trouble killed him inside, wanting to make things better, but he wasn't good with words. Hopefully his actions, could give her enough love for her to accept the fact that their daughter is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment