Thursday, September 2, 2010

Question- Dear John

In summary of the sixty pages I have just recently read John falls in love with Savannah and Savannah falls in love with John in a short period of time. John has to leave to the war and Savannah and him exchange letters while he is in the war. During his leaves, their time apart has caused distance in their relationship and for right now she wrote him a letter saying she fell in love with someone else.

Question 1: Why do the characters in the book do what they do?
I think Savannah fell in love with someone else because they've been apart for so long. What is she to do? Mope around and wait for him to come home? she's been waiting for him to come home for almost three years now since he's been in the war. Savannah wants to be happy so she occupies herself while waiting for him, but in the midst of it all, she found someone who made her feel the way he made her feel. I don't think she meant for that to happen but it just did because that's how she tried to occupy herself and now she has found somebody who was going to be there for her everyday while he couldn't.

Question 2: How do you think the story will end?
I think, as in most books, that there will a happily ever after. Though i don't think they will get back together, I think that he will eventually get over it and they will become friends in the end. I also think that John will probably find someone new too and everything will eventually be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment